In this growing global economy, NLGA partners to provide opportunities for NLGA members to engage in international work bringing economic, political, cultural, and / or academic benefit to the states and territories. NLGA has partnered to conduct missions to Mexico, China, Germany and Taiwan. NLGA is the signer to an economic partnership with the Association of Mexico State Economic Development Directors (AMSDE).
NLGA International partners, current and past, include the following:
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation
- Association of Mexico State Economic Development Directors (AMSDE)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the United States (TECRO) … and more.
At the NLGA Federal-State Relations meeting each March, NLGA provides opportunities for members to visit and establish networks with foreign Ambassadors and key leaders from around the globe in commerce, agriculture, education, and more.
NLGA members have been hosted by the following Embassies, among others:
- Great Britain
- … and more
History shows NLGA members become governor at a greater rate
than any other local, state or federal official and nearly twice as often as attorneys general.