In this growing global economy, NLGA partners to provide opportunities for NLGA members to engage in international work bringing economic, political, cultural, and / or academic benefit to the states and territories. At the NLGA meeting each year in Washington D.C., NLGA provides opportunities for members to visit and establish networks with foreign Ambassadors and key leaders from around the globe in commerce, agriculture, education, and more.
NLGA also partners to conduct international missions having sponsored missions to Germany, Mexico, China, and Taiwan. NLGA was the signer to an economic partnership with the Association of Mexico State Economic Development Directors (AMSDE).
NLGA International partners, current and past, include the following:
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation
- Association of Mexico State Economic Development Directors (AMSDE)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in the United States (TECRO) … and more.
NLGA members have been hosted by the following Embassies and offices, among others:
* Canada * Mexico * Great Britain * the European Union *Japan * Israel
* Australia * Germany * China *Austria * Lithuania * by TECRO … and more
History shows NLGA members become governor at a greater rate
than any other local, state or federal official and nearly twice as often as attorneys general.