THE 2023 APPLICATION PERIOD is now closed. Stay tuned for the 2024 Program Announcement! See eligibility and and application instructions below.
NLGA thanks ACT for their generous sponsorship of the 2023 NLGA Lt. Governors’ STEM Scholarship Program!
NLGA annually awards a scholarship to 12 different schools for STEM-related projects in the classroom. The first scholarships were awarded in 2022. Teachers or project advisors in state-accredited public, private, or tribal pre-K – 12th grade schools may apply for a scholarship to further STEM education through a project, equipment, program, or curriculum. Eight schools across the country will be awarded $1,000 each and four schools will be awarded $500 each. Funding is awarded to the school listed on the application. If selected, NLGA will notify the winning submitter and school and provide the check to the school.
- Application must be submitted by a teacher or project advisor of a public or private, state-accredited or tribal pre-K – 12th grade school
- The funding must be utilized for Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics educational opportunities, such as projects, curriculum, or equipment.
- By applying for this Scholarship, the teacher or advisor agrees to potential contact by NLGA and/or the state/territorial lieutenant governor/second-in-command for further information.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the NLGA Executive Committee (lieutenant governors and seconds-in-command and by NLGA Staff.
- Visit nlga.awardsplatform.com (no www). You must register as a user with your name, email address, and a password. A verification email will be sent to you. Click the link in that email to begin your submission. If you already registered, login using your email address and password.
- After logging in, click START APPLICATION. Under “CATEGORY”, select “NLGA Lt. Governors’ STEM Scholarship Program” from the pull-down menu and review the information on the page. Give your application a name.
- Complete the fields within the application. You have the option to submit attachments in support of your nomination.
- Click SUBMIT APPLICATION when completed.
- Contact [email protected] for assistance.
Check out these press clips on some of the previous years’ winners!:
- How STEM Scholarships Are Expanding Education Pathways
- Lt. Governor Burt Jones Announces STEM Funding for Maysville Elementary for STEAM Storybus Project
- From 2022 STEM Scholarship Program sponsor ACT: ACT works alongside NLGA to support STEM Scholarship Program