The NLGA Government Innovators Award is given in partnership with Sourcewell in recognition of a NLGA Member who is committed to working within a state, territory, region, or communities to best use taxpayer dollars, improve efficiencies, and bring innovations to state and territorial government. Through the implementation of modernization, technology, transparency, and other creative solutions, NLGA Members will be recognized with this award for their efforts, presented by Sourcewell at an NLGA Meeting annually.
To nominate yourself or an eligible recipient:
- Visit awardsplatform.com. (Do not include www. in the website). You must register as a user with your name, email address, and create a password. A verification email will be sent to you – click the link in the email to begin your submission. If you have already registered, login using your email address and password.
- After logging in, click START APPLICATION. Under CATEGORY, select AWARDS NOMINATIONS from the pull-down menu, and then select NLGA GOVERNMENT INNOVATORS AWARD from the pull-down menu. Give your nomination an Application Name.
- Complete the fields within the application. You will have the option to submit attachments in support of your nomination.
- Click SUBMIT APPLICATION when complete.
- You can submit multiple nominations for the award using this process.
- Contact [email protected] for assistance.
Who is eligible to submit a nomination for an award? NLGA Members, their staffs, employees of Sourcewell, any NLGA Partner, and other state government observers, researchers, and advocates are eligible to make nominations. NLGA staff may NOT nominate an individual.
Who is eligible to receive an award? Only NLGA Members are eligible for the award. This is defined as the state official first in line of gubernatorial succession in every state and U.S. territory.
How will the awardee be selected? The selection is recommended by Sourcewell through an internal process. Nominations are reviewed based on each nominee’s eligibility and the nominee’s contributions as required. The winner will exhibit the benchmark of success described in the award’s criteria. NLGA must agree to the award recipient via its Director. The NLGA Member recipient must attend the NLGA Meeting in person to accept the award, no acceptance virtually or by proxy.