|Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver, New Jersey||“New Jersey Economic Recovery Act”|
- Provides funding for start-ups, brownfields & historic building restoration
- Creates a $50 million Main Street Recovery Finance Program
- Creates a groundbreaking Food Desert Relief Program
|Sourcewell||“Stretching Budgets with Procurement Strategy”|
- As states face shrinking budgets, using no-cost, compliant cooperative contracts to round out a procurement strategy allows states to focus their time and attention on the most pressing or delicate procurements.
|Lt. Governor Mike Kehoe, Missouri||“Buy Missouri Helps Local Businesses & the Missouri Economy Rebound”|
- The OLG Buy MO initiative identifies & promotes MO-made products
- The buymissouri.net website is a directory of >400 companies that manufacture at least 51% of a product in-state & represents 87 counties reached and >14,500 employees
|Lt. Governor Will Ainsworth, Alabama||“Supporting Aerospace is A Key to Continued Economic Success”|
- Support key industry: AL aerospace = 60,000 jobs and billion-dollar impact
- Launched a 2-week internship letting students learn about aerospace jobs
- Creating networking forums for small business to be aerospace suppliers
|Lt. Governor David Toland, Kansas||“Accelerating the Economy Through a Framework for Growth”|
- Sustain economic growth w/ short-term policies and a long-term vision
- 2,000 stakeholders had input to the Framework for Growth which details strategies to grow jobs, bolster workforce and attract investment especially in advanced manufacturing, aerospace, transportation, agriculture, more.
|Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries||“Recycling is Green in More Ways than One”|
- The recycling industry supports an average of 10,600 well-paying jobs per state, w/ an average state economic impact of $2.2 billion & average tax revenue of $258 billion (2019)
- Recycling is the first link in the manufacturing supply chain and is resilient through boom and bust cycles.
|Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser, Louisiana||“Louisiana’s Economic Outlook for Tourism is Sunny Indeed”|
- In 2019, 53.2 million tourists spent $18.9 billion generating $1.9 billion in tax revenue.
- LA provided nearly $4 million in grants in the past seven months to CVBs
- The OLG launched the LA Sunshine Plan for tourism recovery which includes coordinated advertising, sales, PR, rural tourism promotion, and results tracking.
|Comcast||“How Digital Equity Lifts the Economy”|
- Digital equity and inclusivity are key to broadband as a key recovery driver
- Internet Essentials connects low-income families to broadband at home
- Internet Essentials Partnership Program works w/ schools+ to get unconnected students online at home
|Pew Charitable Trusts||“Can Legal Recreational Marijuana Revenue Help States Close Budget Gaps?”|
- Fifteen states now allow regulated use and sale of marijuana
- Revenue forecasts are uncertain due to no historical data and the recession
- Policymakers can hedge by budgeting marijuana revenue cautiously
|National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)||“Home Builders Across America Make Job Safety a Top Priority”|
- NAHB has a comprehensive Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Plan for construction to promote safe workplaces while home building.
|Americans for the Arts||“Sparking Economic Recovery Through the Arts”|
- Arts is an $878 billion industry supporting 5.1 million jobs, equaling 4.5% of the U.S. economy
- Arts employment growth is positive and causal to overall employment
- Arts tourists stay longer and spend more, and art event attendees spend more.
|CVS Health||“CVS Health Return Ready Program”|
- The Return Ready Program offers customizable COVID-19 testing options
- Worksites to campuses choose who, how, where to test employees or students
- CVS has given approximately 15 million COVID-19 tests nationwide and more than 3 million COVID-19 vaccines in >40,000 long-term care facilities across the country
|IAAPA – The Global Association for the Attractions Industry||“The Attractions Industry’s Route to Economic Recovery”|