|Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver, New Jersey||“Dept. of Community Affairs: Strengthening Local Governments”|
- The lieutenant governor is Commissioner of the Department of Community Affairs (DCA)
- DCA gives grants to local governments with fire, building safety, housing, and more
- DCA gave COVID funds to communities to support small businesses
|Lt. Governor Matt Pinnell, Oklahoma||“Promote State Tourism to Support Communities”|
- Create/promote a tourism trail highlighting assets/history in your state
- Generate dollars to small and locally-owned businesses
- I’m making the case for the Great American Road Trip on Route 66!
|Sourcewell||“Ensuring Successful Government Procurement”|
- Sourcewell offers its cooperative purchasing to units of government for free
- Sourcewell serves 35,000 communities and schools across the country
- Helped purchase unforeseen pandemic essentials in compliance with rules
|Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser, Louisiana||“Volunteers Maintain & Grow Communities”|
- Louisianans volunteer >129 million hours per year with an economic impact of $2.8 billion.
- Recognize volunteers in your state through your own recognition programs.
- Recognize volunteers in specific populations: Veterans Service, over 60, etc.
|“How Businesses and Government Can Grow Public Trust”|
- Government leaders can close the opinion and trust gaps with people in communities by embracing the “Three Ts” of crisis communication and developing messages that are Targeted, Timely, and Transparent.
|Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)||“Recycling is Essential to Communities: Jobs & Stewardship”|
- Recycling represents $110 billion in economic activity
- Recycling employs >164,000 Americans in jobs with an average $73,000 in compensation
- Recycling generates $13 billion in federal, state and local tax revenue
|Lt. Governor Pamela Evette, South Carolina||“Grab a Bag & Keep Communities Beautiful”|
- Litter adversely impacts environment, economic activity, property values, more.
- Litter pickup costs business $9.1 billion/year and education institutions $241 million
- Litter pickup improves the economy, property value, the environment, and more
|American Traffic Safety Services Association||“Traffic Safety Services Workers Build Safer Communities”|
- Traffic Safety Services build safer communities on roadways through guardrail, pavement markings, traffic signs and signals, and more.
- Safe Routes to Schools focuses on signage, crosswalks, bicycle lanes, more.
|Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton, Illinois||“R3 Grants for Communities Harmed by Violence, Excessive Incarceration, & Economic Disinvestment”|
- Restore, Reinvest & Renew (R3) uses 25% of cannabis tax revenue (legal for adults >21) for grants ($30 million in cycle 1) for violence prevention, youth, reentry, economic development and legal aid in select communities. See https://r3.illinois.gov/.
|IAAPA (The Global Attractions Industry Association)||“Sustainability Practices in the Attractions Industry”|
- Attractions model audience shaping behavior via sustainable practices
- Attractions practice water conservation, waste reduction, and LEED design
- Sustainability is a way of living and doing business molding generations
|Lt. Governor Eleni Kounalakis, California||“Office of CA Lt. Governor Unites All Higher Education Communities”|
- Law unites all higher ed communities by making the California Lieutenant Governor as the only member of every governing board overseeing California’s public higher education system
- Sits on California Community Colleges Board, University of California Regents, and California State University Board.