Mark your calendar to attend the NLGA Annual Meeting in Seattle July 29 – 31, 2020! Towering over downtown, the upscale 891-room Westin Seattle (Marriott) is in walking distance to Pike Place Market and the monorail to the Space Needle. Hotel sleeping rooms have slightly curved, floor-to-ceiling windows – the hotel is two cylindrical towers. The NLGA Opening Evening Event will be at the Amazon Sphere, an exclusive and unique work and gathering area cloud (tropical) forest atmosphere with rare, even extinct, plant life. Plan free time to visit Seattle Center, the area around the Space Needle which houses sites like Chihuly Garden and Glass and the Museum of Pop Culture, a museum like no other on earth.
NLGA members, their spouses and staff, NLGA Partners, NLGA Meeting Sponsors, and select federal Intergovernmental Affairs registrants may attend a meeting and must register online.
- Sponsorship starts at $5,000 (see Sponsorship on right).
- IGA attendees: Open to one intergovernmental registrant of each executive branch department of The President’s Cabinet. This is a daytime-only pass – no access to evening or social events.
- Attending state police must register and are asked to wear their NGSA or state pin on site.
Security governs access rules. NLGA meetings are closed meetings.
- Deadline to apply for the Public Leadership in the Arts award: June 15, 2020
- Deadline to apply for the Recycling Leadership: June 15, 2020
- Policy Resolution Filing Deadline: June 29, 2020 – Monday (close of business)
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: June 30, 2020 (Rooms in the NLGA block WILL sell out!)
- Registration Deadline: July 21, 2020 – Tuesday (close of business)
NLGA Office will close at 3:00 pm ET on July 23, 2020, for the meeting.
NLGA thanks Lead Sponsor: Amazon!